 Publishing / HTML / 246
Re: HTML problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.html
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 21:21:09 GMT

In lugnet.publish.html, Erik Olson writes:

There's some limit on the complexity of a table where IE5 will just stop
displaying it, though you can view the source. Syntax checkers told me it
was good HTML.

Wow...how irritating!  Thanks, Erik.  Ya know...this table worked fine and
dandy for me before.  It was the exact same size, nothing but the background
color.  Maybe it doesn't like blue.  :-) While bugfixing I took out
everything except the table.  It isn't nested or anything, and the dang
thing still won't load.  What's different?  Up to me to figure that out.

When IE "forgets" to display text the workaround is to hit Select All. This
is a separate bug from the truncated table (all images in my case).

Thanks...I'll try it.  If it works I'll stick a disclaimer for other IE5
users out there...

--Dave