 Publishing / HTML / 218
Re: LUGNET Set Reference Buttons
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.html
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 00:52:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bram Lambrecht writes:
In lugnet.general, Jeff Yeackle writes:
LUGNET Set Reference Buttons.
The idea I stole from Google (along with most of their code). Essentially,
they are bookmarks that reside in your browsers toolbar which tie in with
LUGNET's Set Reference Database.
www.snowcrash.org/~jyeackle/lugnet.html

Ironically enough, I also have buttons like those on my toolbar, but on mine
the LUGNET ones came first, and I made a Google one using the LUGNET code.
See this message:
http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=517
The neat thing about Todd's code is that you can highlight something and click
the button instead of typing it in.

You can also get the results (for the news search) to pop up in a new window by
replacing

location.href=u

with

window.open(u,"_blank");document.back;