 General / 36163
36162  |  36164
Subject:
LUGNET Set Reference Buttons
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish.html
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:09:27 GMT

Hello Everyone!

Not a member here (yet... very soon though!), but I've been lurking for the
last two years. While I never have gone through a LEGO DarkAge (I'm now 26),
lack of time has kept me from building much of anything (although I still buy
like a madman). For all the enjoyment the LUGNET community has provided me
over the years I figured I could give something back that I've been using for
awhile now. I'm not sure if it's been done before, but I couldn't find any
reference to it. So, if it has, sorry! May I present:

LUGNET Set Reference Buttons.

The idea I stole from Google (along with most of their code). Essentially,
they are bookmarks that reside in your browsers toolbar which tie in with
LUGNET's Set Reference Database.

How they work: Either click one of the links (buttons) and you will be
prompted to enter a set reference number, or highlight a set reference number
with your mouse and then click the link, and you don't have to type anything.
The first type, LUGNET SR, opens up the LUGNET Set Reference in the same page,
while the Pop! version will open up a new browser window. This is great if you
are lazy while reading the LUGNET newsgroups (like me :) ) or wish to pull up
a set reference while surfing another page elsewhere.

Since putting the links here would look spammy from the JavaScript code, I've
put simple versions of them on a web page located at:

www.snowcrash.org/~jyeackle/lugnet.html

Make sure you turn JavaScript on!

LMKWYT

Take care everyone,

Jeff

(remove NOJUNK from my email to email me)