 General / 36162
Re: FOTY: What a find!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:39:39 GMT

In lugnet.general, Roy Gal writes:
Hi all,
I just got my hands on the second half of a huge amount of Lego that
my parents bought for me at a toy show they went to. They usually buy/sell
Matchbox toys, and someone came up to them offering old Matchbox toys, and
asked if they would be interested in some Lego he has too. They of course
called me, and I negotiated a price with the seller (without seeing the goods,
just getting a description). I knew there were some old Expert Builder sets,
and a lot of loose brick.

Well, I paid $250 for the lot. It included 4 or 5 old Expert Builder sets,
complete with original boxes, instructions, etc. Those I picked up from my
parents, and sold them on Ebay (very well). I saw the rest of the loose brick,
about 20 pounds worth, all jumbled in a big bin. This was over a year ago. I
didn't have any room to put it,  so it has been sitting at my parent's house
ever since.

Well, I guess my parents got bored, and they sorted all the bricks. Yeeha!
Finally they came to visit and brought it all along. Now, I can really
appreciate what a find this was!!!!

I love to hear about these kinds of finds.  It can only be a positive thing
when someone who really appreciates the brick comes across collections like
this because then it ensures they won't be lost or totally trashed by someone
who doesn't know or care about the pieces.

Happy Hunting! These finds are few and far between, but don't despair - when
you hit one, the joy lasts a while...

I agree!  And BTW for those of you who think some people have all the luck
(like in January when I found beautiful copies of SES and Century Skyway for
$15 EACH), pretty much all I can report lately is finding a one-legged Belville
girl-- who is now sitting atop my monitor keeping my one-legged Technic guy
company (they prop each other up).

Maggie C.
JHU A&S class of 19xx (don't ask!)