 Publishing / HTML / 207 (-20)
  Re: image sizes on Brickshelf

(...) Well, they are all ready thumbnails, but I resize them too, because it makes them all uniform on the pages... The PAGE with imageS is linked to it... Maybe I should have noted that before... Josh (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: image sizes on Brickshelf

(...) Well, they are all ready thumbnails, but I resize them too, because it makes them all uniform on the pages... The PAGE wil imageS is linked to it... Maybe I should have noted that before... Josh (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: image sizes on Brickshelf

(...) gah! that's a terrible thing to do, IMO. not only you force people to download the huge picture, just to see it as 100x65, but you use up their cpu to resize it, every time anyone hits the page... instead of just resizing them once yourself, (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: image sizes on Brickshelf

(...) I usually just split the difference and try to plan everything online to be slightly less than 600x800: pictures, html, etc. One of the better browsers to use is one called Opera, currently in version 6. One of it's cooler abilities is to (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: js help

I'm sorry for not being more clear- I don't know how to refer to pieces of Javascript. However, you did answer my question and many thanks for it! I was just wondering how to change the properties (window size, etc.) of the new window that the menu (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: js help

I'm not sure what you're asking; I think I'm used to different terminology than you're using. Based on what I think you're asking... The name of the new window is the second argument passed to window.open. In your example, the window name will be (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.publish.html)

  js help

Howdy! I don't know much about javascript (I can decipher some parts) and I need some assistance. What I am looking to do is to make a pull down jump menu that will not only open a new window, but will do so with the javascript window properties (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Help With HTML

Thank you so much John, the site part I needed it for is up if you want to use it and see how it came to be. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Help With HTML

(...) <snip of John Herre's good, working code> Note that a Javascript implementation will only work for users who have Javascript turned on, so you need to either catch that somehow[1] or have a note on the page indicating the Javascript (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Help With HTML

  Re: some assistance with javascript please.

Try adding var before your local variable declarations, so your function becomes function Navigate() { var item = document.nav.search....ctedIndex; itemval = document.nav.search....em].value; if (itemval == "x") return; window.location = "(URL) + (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish.html)

  some assistance with javascript please.

The simple script (below) I have written works fine in NN 4 & doesn't work in IE 5. Message - Line: 9, Char: 2, Error: Object doesn't support this action, Code: 0, Could someone please help me & let me know what I have done wrong or where I can get (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Instructions for Mobile Message Decoder

On this subject I have created my first set of instructions (URL) feedback on the format would be appeciated, page one need to be created when i produce some realistic renderings to mimic a photo, also the same for the botttom of the last page. The (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish.html)

Tony Hafner <hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> wrote in message news:GpLC8u.1sw@lugnet.com... (...) I know I replied on this already, but to augment what I said, you could make your numbers _and_ your pictures transparent gif's, then simply place them (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish.html)

Tony Hafner <hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> wrote in message news:GpKzzu.JB@lugnet.com... (...) MLCAD's (...) You could make your own nice numbers (photoshop, whatever...) and then put them in the html instead of hand pasting them over each of your (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Instructions for Mobile Message Decoder

(...) It's not as bad as in photography, but the human eye has its limitations too - they just aren't as limiting as those of film. (...) Make them several images and use HTML to lay them out? Shouldn't be too hard to come up with 10 images (one per (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Instructions for Mobile Message Decoder

(...) Yes- tweaking with the colors would probably be very helpful. I believe that MLCAD lets you do this. I'm confused about the "darker background" comment though. At least one other person mentioned this. I can certainly understand that another (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Instructions for Mobile Message Decoder

(...) There's not enough contrast within the black pieces. On my monitor it just looks like one large black POOP rather than several black pieces stuck together. LEGO uses a dark grey in their instructions, with a heavy black line to show the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Instructions for Mobile Message Decoder

(...) Yes- I'm thinking that I'll do web versions that are optimized for browsing, and a downloadable zip of a more printable version. I'll have to keep the zips off of my site, though. These instructions are about 1Mb total (if I'm recalling (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Instructions for Mobile Message Decoder

(...) Yes, that's a hard problem. I really would like numbers, but have yet to find an easy way to do good-looking numbers and have them positioned well. (...) I agree- but MLCAD doesn't easily do this. Would LDraw be better? (...) On anything but a (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish.html)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact