 Publishing / HTML / 198
Re: Help With HTML
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish.html
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:13:22 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jay Rodarte writes:
Hi. I need some sort of code that, when you answer questions, based on your
answers it will take you to another page. Like a quiz. Like if i asked you
"What's your favorite color, and you said green, it would take you to
1.html. But if you said blue it would take you to 2.html, does anyone know
what I mean? If so please help me.

I put a couple of short samples, both using javascript, that do what I think
you want at
http://home.earthlink.net/~jherre/test/select.html
which uses a select list for the answers, and
http://home.earthlink.net/~jherre/test/radio.html
which uses radio buttons for the answers.

The code for these is
<head>
  <title>choose a color</title>
  <script language="JavaScript">
   function gotoPage(selectPages) {
    var page=selectPages.options[selectPages.selectedIndex].value;

    if (page == " ") return;
    top.location=page;
   }
  </script>
</head>
  <form>
   <select onChange="gotoPage(this);">
    <option selected value=" ">choose a color
    <option value="red.html">red
    <option value="blue.html">blue
    <option value="green.html">green
   </select>
  </form>

and

<head>
  <title>choose a color</title>
  <script language="JavaScript">
   function gotoPage(radioButton) {
    var page=radioButton.value;

    top.location=page;
   }
  </script>
</head>
  <form>
   choose a color
   <input type=radio value="red.html" onClick="gotoPage(this);">red
   <input type=radio value="blue.html" onClick="gotoPage(this);">blue
   <input type=radio value="green.html" onClick="gotoPage(this);">green
  </form>