 Publishing / HTML / 202
Re: js help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.html
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 16:27:23 GMT

I'm not sure what you're asking; I think I'm used to different terminology than
you're using.  Based on what I think you're asking...

The name of the new window is the second argument passed to window.open.  In
your example, the window name will be "MenuPopup".

The source is determined by what is at the url that you specify as the first
argument.  Are you asking something else here?

The third argument to window.open, which isn't in your example, is a comma
separated feature list. To create a window 400 x 600 pixels, the third argument
would be "height=400,width=600".  Many of the features that can be specified in
this list are browser specific.

John

In lugnet.publish.html, Rob McMurray writes:
Howdy!
I don't know much about javascript (I can decipher some parts) and I need
some assistance.  What I am looking to do is to make a pull down jump menu
that will not only open a new window, but will do so with the javascript
window properties like 'window name','src',window attributes'.  I assume
this is possible.  I have combed the net looking for something similar but I
couldn't find what I wanted.  Here is the code I have right now:

<head>
<script language="JavaScript">
function formHandler(form) {
var URL = form.site.options[form.site.selectedIndex].value;
popup = window.open(URL,"MenuPopup");
}
//-->
</script>
</head>
<form name="form">
       <select name=site onChange="formHandler(this.form)">
         <option selected>links</option>
  <option>___lego___</option>
         <option value="http://www.go.to/LegoMC">LegoMC</option>
         <option value="http://www.brickfilms.com">BrickFilms</option>
         <option value="http://www.lugnet.com">LUGNET</option>
         <option value="http://www.ldraw.org">LDraw</option>
</select>
     </form>

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

rob mcmurray