 Publishing / HTML / 17 (-10)
  Re: LEGO website bug report: Invalid forward apostrophe character

(...) Oh no, it didn't crash. It was just popping the error and then everything went as usual. Thanks for unfixing it, now it works fine. :^) (...) Ah, the validator ;^) I don't like the W3C validator. To pass it means eliminating tags like (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: LEGO website bug report: Invalid forward apostrophe character

(...) Microsoft sucks!!! IE5 *crashed* from that?! (...) LOL! OK, maybe I'll unfix it. It was working fine, even though the validator balked. --Todd (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: LEGO website bug report: Invalid forward apostrophe character

(...) I see you added: TYPE="application/x-javascript" However now when trying to search either news or Partsref using IE5.0, I get the following error: A Runtime Error has occured. Do you wish to Debug? Line: 14 Error: Object Expected When (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: LEGO website bug report: Invalid forward apostrophe character

(...) Wow, that thing sure is picky! Very nice!! It's the best, most anal HTML validator I've ever seen! I think it's my new favorite.[1] I ran it on (URL) and it balked at this link: <A HREF="/spotlight.cgi...=fuzzy">Mo ... ^ Error: general entity (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: LEGO website bug report: Invalid forward apostrophe character

Anyway, the spostrophe should come after the s: We need LEGO parents' help. not: We need LEGO parent's help. in order to refer to something belonging to parents in the plural. Jason J Railton. (24 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: LEGO website bug report: Invalid forward apostrophe character

(...) I concur with Todd's view that quality is utmost importance as stated in the Lugnet plan: (URL) quote "the quality of an online experience can make or break someone's day. ", who knows how many people's day the above mistake ruined? Here is a (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: LEGO website bug report: Invalid forward apostrophe character

(...) Ummm... Todd... I don't think that Lego is allowed to do that anymore :-) - Jeff (24 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: LEGO website bug report: Invalid forward apostrophe character

(...) Well, that's embarrassing... I meant for there to be a four-item list there. On top of that, I said your page was using character #147, but the correct number is #146. In any case, here's some more background, and a table of the characters I (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.publish.html)

  LEGO website bug report: Invalid forward apostrophe character

Dear LEGO Direct: Please view the following webpage on a Linux system and on a Mac running a non-Microsoft browser: (URL) that page, you will see is a passage of text which goes like this: We need LEGO parent’s help. Note that the text is displayed (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: fixing webserver user limit today

On a sort of related note: I see you did that thing that makes the background stay in one place when you scroll in IE. It's a neat thing for when the page isn't that long and when you have a image that would look bad tiled, but for your background (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish.html)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact