 Publishing / HTML / 156
Re: Tools of the Trade
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.html
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:43:18 GMT

In lugnet.publish.html, Leigh Holcombe writes:
Just out of curiosity, please let me know what programs everyone uses to put
together your Lego webpages.  I personally use Dreamweaver for all my
composing needs, but I am really curious what everyone else uses.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Leigh Holcombe

For my own website:
http://members.tripod.com/~Sybrand_Bonsma/fabu1eng.html
I used just Wordpad to write directly in HTML-code. If you know HTML and have a
good feeling how the page should look like, this is sufficient. I once played
with a program called 'HotDog' a few years ago. It worked OK, wasn't very
difficult, but learning the program by heart would take longer than directly
typing the sites in HTML.
The pictures (titlebars etc.) I made in CorelDraw and then I slightly changed
them in Paint Shop Pro.

Programs that I wouldn't recommend to write your page in are MS Word and MS
Excel. They have an option 'Save as HTML' but this generates very large HTML
files.

Sybrand Bonsma