 Publishing / 813
  I just finished a makeover of my site....

Check it out, TMWYT (URL) J (25 years ago, 4-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: I just finished a makeover of my site....

I just looked at the site in Internet Explorer and it is all screwed up, use Netscape if you have it. Does anyone have an idea why it is wraping in IE? Pat J (...) (25 years ago, 4-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: I just finished a makeover of my site....

(...) thing--makes it more unique. BTW, you should probably update the JJ Memorial banner to a ldraw.org banner. Please use one of my new banners instead of that old one also: To link to (URL) use: (URL) link to (URL) use: (URL) links to (URL) use: (...) (25 years ago, 4-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: I just finished a makeover of my site....

(...) Ha-Ha, I thought that it was a little to plain when the info popped up right next to the image, so I mixed it up bit. I'll make these banner changes in a minute. Thanks, pat j (...) (25 years ago, 5-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: I just finished a makeover of my site....

(...) MSIE probably thinks your TD WIDTH isn't big enough for all four images. You can fix it by adding NOWRAP to each of the TD tags. --Bram (25 years ago, 5-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: I just finished a makeover of my site....

(...) My only problem is when I mouseover one of the images the headline comes up in the opposite corner of the page which is a problem because not all six images fir on my screen at once. (25 years ago, 5-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: I just finished a makeover of my site....

Do you think I should shrink the images a bit, or just put the info tab back next to the image? I'm trying to shrink and do a gif convert on all of the files to reduce load time. Any other suggestions? Pat J <---...---open ears (...) (25 years ago, 5-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: I just finished a makeover of my site....

(...) It *does* take a while to load. I would suggest greater JPG compression for the photos of the models and GIF compression for the text (reduce to about 8 colors first). --Bram (25 years ago, 5-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: I just finished a makeover of my site....

I did a 256 gif export using Photoshop 5.5, and then did 15% lossy compression, and cut the colors down to 16. The files turned out to be 2-4 k gif files, download time cut down to a third of previous value!. It still looks pretty nice too. Pat J (...) (25 years ago, 5-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: I just finished a makeover of my site....

I got the Internet Explorer problem worked out, shrumk it, and moved the info tabs next their parent ship. Any other improvemets? Pat J (...) (25 years ago, 5-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: I just finished a makeover of my site....

(...) to be between Antiv Drive Yards and GravWell Defense Systems... I sense a storyline under the surface... :-, Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: I just finished a makeover of my site....

I used to have descriptions of ADY and GDS along with a story backdrop. They didn't make it to the new site mostly because my girlfriend thought it was too dorky. I'm actually putting together a more detailed storyline that will include links to (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.publish)