 Publishing / 49
Re: xoom.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 23:00:31 GMT

That's nothing, Ed Boxer's page had a Geocities ad for
Gay Singles or something once.

KL

Thomas Main wrote:

I used to have my Lego web page at Geocities, but after trying to add a
Geoguide (in order to make the page meet Mike Stanley's (pat. pend.)
quality standard) I decided to move to xoom.com instead.  The Geoguide
was a big eyesore and detracted from my page (esp. after seeing an ad
for Kiss - death metal rock band).  Xoom doesn't require ads to be
placed on pages and actually seems to be faster than Geocities.

I'll miss Geocities' integrated HTML editor (which I used to make quick
updates to my set list), but xoom seems to be promising to get something
similar soon.  What are other people's experiences with the two
services?

BTW, the address of my new page is http://members.xoom.com/brickenplate/
(the PAST auctions section is mainly for my personal reference - what
sets I sold for what amount of money, it is NOT a current auction)

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu