 Publishing / 4705
Re: CSS Problem, looking for ideas.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:52:20 GMT

"Constantine Hannaher" <channaher@netscape.net> wrote in message
news:IA51Cr.1JIo@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.publish, Mike Walsh wrote:

[ ... snipped ... ]

This article by Eric Meyer may be relevant:
http://www.complexspiral.com/publications/containing-floats/
And this thread seems to discuss a similar issue, and the last post is • very much
my own opinion on the subject of developing first in IE then treating • Gecko as
if it was the problem rendering engine:
http://forums.devshed.com/archive/t-212535
Can't set FUT to publish.html since you didn't provide any :-)

Constantine

My computer has been down for the last couple of days so I apologize for the
delay in responding to the thread I started.

The article was helpful and I tracked down the culprit and it was serious
cockpit error.  I had hard coded the height of the DIV for the header which
FireFox and Netscape obeyed (correctly) but IE did not.  Since the height
was 52px, the stuff below it floated up (as it should).

So thanks for the pointer, it helped point me in the right direction.

So, now on to the next oddity.  Take a look at this page with both IE and
FireFox/Netscape:

http://www.carolinatrainbuilders.com/models/ctb-1131/

I have turned on table borders to show a problem.  For some reason the inner
table flows over the right hand edge with both Netscape and FireFox but not
with IE.  I haven't spent a lot of time tracking this one down yet (due to
above mentioned computer problems) but hope to get back to it today.

In the meantime, any suggestions?  ;-)

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com