 Publishing / 4703
Re: CSS Problem, looking for ideas.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 05:46:03 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Mike Walsh wrote:
I have been working on a new version of my Carolina Train Builders web site
(www.carolinatrainbuilders.com) and have run into a CSS difference between
IE and Netscape and FireFox.  I am hoping that someone here might have a
suggestion for me to try.

My site renders as I think it should with IE but with both FireFox and
Netscape, I have a couple of elements overlapping each other.  I captured
the screens and posted them on BrickShelf:

IE: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mpw/misc/ctb_ok.png
FF: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mpw/misc/ctb_bug.png

In the FF version the two images (the logo and the train) do not appear
within the <div> which wraps the header table and I can't figure out why!
Any suggestions on how to track this down?

Thanks,

Mike

This article by Eric Meyer may be relevant:
http://www.complexspiral.com/publications/containing-floats/
And this thread seems to discuss a similar issue, and the last post is very much
my own opinion on the subject of developing first in IE then treating Gecko as
if it was the problem rendering engine:
http://forums.devshed.com/archive/t-212535
Can't set FUT to publish.html since you didn't provide any :-)

Constantine