 Publishing / 4702
Re: CSS Problem, looking for ideas.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 03:50:20 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Mike Walsh wrote:
I have been working on a new version of my Carolina Train Builders web site
(www.carolinatrainbuilders.com) and have run into a CSS difference between
IE and Netscape and FireFox.  I am hoping that someone here might have a
suggestion for me to try.

My site renders as I think it should with IE but with both FireFox and
Netscape, I have a couple of elements overlapping each other.  I captured
the screens and posted them on BrickShelf:

IE: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mpw/misc/ctb_ok.png
FF: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mpw/misc/ctb_bug.png

In the FF version the two images (the logo and the train) do not appear
within the <div> which wraps the header table and I can't figure out why!
Any suggestions on how to track this down?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, I sorted out a problem similar to this on the LDraw site.  The problem
lies in the fact that IE implements W3C CSS standard loosely.  If you email me
your code I think might be able to work with you on a solution.

-Orion