 Publishing / 4514
Re: Brickshelf Viewer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 18:54:32 GMT

What I'd rather see is Kevin to implement at least a few of these • features, if
not even more right on Brickshelf itself. Which is the whole point of BSV, • to
show Kevin just how much better Brickshelf *could* be.

Brickshelf is a fantastic resource, particularly being free. And being a
user of a free resource it seems wrong to criticise it.

However, the Brickshelf interface is now looking somewhat dated and I am
sure there is a lot that could be done to improve its look and feel. The
folder creation form in particular is dreadfully unforgiving if you enter
invalid data.

I don't necessarily agree with what Bram has done, especially now Brickshelf
is looking for funding via ads, but I believe it will acheve what he
probably set out to do and that is to show, as you say, how much better
Brickshelf could be with a little more development, and it looks like it is
prompting discussion here which Kevin is responding positively to.

As I often say here, competition between websites is a good thing for
everyone, which encourages innovation and improvement.

Huw