 Publishing / 4501
Re: Brickshelf Viewer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:04:11 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Bram Lambrecht wrote:
Several weeks ago, I created a php interface for Brickshelf which
incorporates many of the features I've asked for many times.  I know
Kevin probably won't approve of this since it doesn't carry over his
advertisements or count hits, but I wanted to give everyone a chance
to see what Brickshelf could be with a little effort.

http://www.asphodel.org/bsv/

The whole program took only two weekends to code, and a lot of that
was working around the fact that I don't have direct access to the
Brickshelf database.  If anyone is interested in the code so they
can run this on their own machine or modify it for their own use,
I'd be glad to let you have a copy.  For running at home, it might
require some work arounds to get the cookies to work right.
Enjoy!

Can you do anything for folders with .LDR files?  Take a look here:

  http://www.asphodel.org/bsv/?path=obijon/MLCAD

Filenames would be nicer than a screenfull of blank icons.  It might
also be nice if the server applied the application/x-ldraw mime type
when you click on an LDR DAT or MPD file.  That way you can load it
right into a viewer.

Don