 Publishing / 4144
Re: Ozbricks down?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 18:21:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
Hi all,

I've noticed for the past week when I try to click on my site hosted by
Ozbricks I get a "Bandwidth limit exceeded" error.  I also see this same error
with Yaron Dori's Ozbricks links page, so I'm not sure if this is an issue of
my own personal site, or of Ozbricks in general.

Hi Bruce. It is a problem with the entire website, it happend already a few
times before, after a few days I guess some1 fix it there or something.

Ikros and Andrastavia both seem to be up.

Sure they are up, but there is a slight difference. Both of them are under
ozbricks.com and our websites are under ozbricks.net

Anyway, I have two questions:

1)  Is there some general issue with Ozbricks?  If so should I just wait for
them to fix it?
See above

2)  If I were to move my pictures to brickshelf and only host the html files on Ozbricks (the way Brendan does with the Brick Testament, or the way Sean does with MOCpages), would this alleviate any demand on Ozbricks?

I don't think it will help somehow

I know I've been slashdotted in the past which has led to spikes in Bandwidth
that caused Ozbricks some worries.  I don't see any recent posts on Slashdot on
my site, though.

Bruce

I doubt it's your fault.

Anyway I believe it will be fine in a few days.

Yaron "Webrain" Dori