 Publishing / 3877
  Re: Story crafting (was Re: Please read this!

(...) I'm going to fix the dialogue first, then work on the rest of the specifics. (...) Avoid it all costs so the reader can figure it out, then. Noted. (...) Ah, this sounds pretty fun, actually. Why make an enemy obvious when in fact, they would (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Story crafting (was Re: Please read this!

In lugnet.publish, Matt Hein writes: <lots of good back and forth> I can't stay too long tonite, I got a mountain calling my name but I will just leave you with this one clarification _Wild Seed_ *is* a fantasy. It may not be the conventional swords (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Story crafting (was Re: Please read this!

(...) My apologies with the rather tenuous response. My family gave me a little ten minute ultimatum on the computer, so I was pressed to write the reply rather hastily. :) (...) Nah, conventional fantasy is *way* too repeated. Maybe I should (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Story crafting (was Re: Please read this!

Hi Matt, Just delurking to adding my two-cents. Of all the books on writing that I've read, Kit Reed's "Story First: The Writer As Insider" is, by far, the easiest to digest. She writes in a pretty straightforward, conversational tone. It's not (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Story crafting (was Re: Please read this!

(...) It can, but Tom Swifties can be even more irritating to read. Often you can just skip the whole thing altogether, and just have the quotes, if it's two people speaking... Bob walked up to Mary and whispered in her ear. "I think we should go (...) (22 years ago, 25-Dec-02, to lugnet.publish)