 Publishing / 3220
Re: Care for a contest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 03:40:10 GMT

In lugnet.space, Keir O'Sullivan writes:
Sorry I haven't been here in a while, my website doesn't work and either
does my brickshelf gallery (56K modem will not upload fast enough and the
thing just quits. I might be getting a sattelite connections soon to replace
that. And I can't get cable, they don't have it in the rural areas of
Illinois).

Satellite probably won't help.  Typically the satellite is used only for
downloading; it's a lot easier to listen for a satellite signal than to
transmit loudly enough for the satellite to hear.  More typically, you'll still
use a phone line and modem to send data to the 'net.

For best results with brickshelf keep the upload file size small.  Create ZIP
files with no more than a dozen or so images, and upload them in batches.
Trying to upload an enormous ZIP file can cause timeouts.  Also, some ISP's
place limits on the size of uploads that people can make.

--Bill.

XFUT: lugnet.publish