 Publishing / 2907
  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

Here's a different type, one for print colors (CMYK). To read those color values, use something like Photoshop to sample inside framed boxes. some of these may be considered official, as well as the naming scheme. (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

(...) ought to do that sampling on their own?? I was at an ink manufacturer recently and they can take colors in either RGB or CMYK but prefer the latter. (they also have spectrophotometers that you can just put things under and get ink recipes from (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

The original Pantone pallette I used had CMYK values, I translated them via Photoshop for your convience. I assumed in web development (like the colors use on the BricWorx color selector) and most non-print graphic design are done in RGB. SteveB (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

(...) I'm assuming "CMYK" translates to something along the lines of Blue,Red,Yellow,Black? Or more appropriately "Cyan","Magenta","Yellow",K? (what the heck would K be?) If you had the CMYK values, could these be mathematically translated into (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

(...) CMYK is Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black (subtractive color model vs RGB additive color model). CMY gives you a muddled gray/brown so K is added for pure black. Go to (URL) then option 2b, Color Theory for a nice presentation on the topic. I (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

(...) HSL and HSV are both valid models, IIRC I think they are close but not the same. I forget the difference. I think Luminance (and the entire RGB model too) is more useful or applicable for things that do color by giving off light, like monitors (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

Hi All, I updated my element color palette. Thanks for all the fine comments. It's on our club web site www.pnltc.org under "Articles" There are some links at the bottom of the table that point to some nice reference material. SteveB PNLTC (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

Hey, thanks for that information. I was actually looking for that this week. You might want to post that under the reference section at Ldraw.org, as well. It might help some people trying to make renderings. Thx, Mike (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

(...) Helpful, but if you could cross correlate to the LDraw colors and color values, (and to the ref that Suzanne put together that you reference, although I would use this link: (URL) instead of the one you give as it is annotated) that would be (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad)

  Re: RGB color values for many brick colors

(...) Hi. just wanted to note that I'm updating colors with Steve. My page may change soon, though not dramatically. -Suz (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad)