 Publishing / 2168
Re: Kidvention: Printing Posters Troubleshooting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 16:43:24 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> writes:

But what happens is the image prints slightly offset from the page,
resulting in cropping a portion.  Certain images this is expendable
with, but others critical parts of the model will be missing because
of it.

Rather than cropping an edge of the image, I would suggest sampling the
resolution down and padding the other edges with white in stead.  That
way, you don't loose any part of the original image.

Fredrik

That's what I've been doing to get it to fit in the page.  I've done a few
like that, but they print unevenly on the page (full image though) - printer
problem, so they'll need to be trimmed some.  Posters padded with white don't
look that bad, I just wish I hadn't had 5 botch ups on the nice paper.  (I've
been using the reverse side of the already misprinted pages for test prints
too).

Anyways, the printer has a problem with the printable width, so I'm going to
talk to the manufacturer tomorrow and see what can be done.  In the mean time,
I'm printing out the 8.5x11" models.  Besides some unsightly printer lines
(which we NEED to figure out - more than normal anyways!! :\ ), these look
like photographs.  I can only imagine what one would be at 600dpi.

I'll keep y'all posted on this..

-Tim