 Publishing / 2163
Re: Kidvention: Printing Posters Troubleshooting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.events
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 19:13:48 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Tim Courtney writes:
[...]
First off, the printer is an Epson Stylus 1520.  All the settings were for
photo quality glossy paper, high quality, 17x22...etc.  But what happens is
the image prints slightly offset from the page, resulting in cropping a
portion.  [...]
Is there any option that could be changed to get it to print the whole thing
correctly?  [...]
The poster quality is BREATHTAKING, the quality of something you would buy
at a store for $10.  And this is done on a consumer grade wide printer
too.... :D

How much RAM does the printer have for its image buffer?

Does it rasterize a whole frame buffer once and then dump the whole image or
does it rasterize the image incrementally in swaths?  Does the printer pause
for a few seconds every inch or two or does it go continuously?

Is the image rasterized on the printer or on the host machine?  What type of
data is sent over the parallel port to the printer -- a finished frame buffer
or something like PostScript or PCL?

Does the printer's display or log give any error or warning messages?  Does
the printer have a way to print out an informational log sheet?

Does Epson have any troubleshooting suggestions for these symptoms in the
printer's manual or at their website?

--Todd