 Publishing / 2017
Re: Odd URL Thing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 18:58:34 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz writes:
Interestingly, because of various issues, in my own web pages, I've
started to rely less on index.html and instead having a specific page
within a directory. I then make index.html auto-redirect to the correct
page. One thing this means is that when people bookmark my pages, they
won't be bookmarking a directory (of course they can create their own
link to the directory, but would likely be encouraged to change it after
they got tired of seeing the re-direct every time).

Interesting... I was just wondering what the issues were that made switch away
from index.html?  I rely heavily on index.html in the sites that I manage.  My
general practice is to only have one HTML file per directory that is always
index.html.  I find this cleaner and easier to maintain.  Plus it gives you a
good idea where your at just by looking at the URL in your browser.

So anyway I was just wondering why you decided to move away from using
index.html.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/