 Administrative / General / 6751
Re: Odd URL Thing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 03:38:51 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Steve Bliss writes:
Something odd started happening yesterday.  In the web interface, when I leave
the trailing slash off a LUGNET URL, it takes me to a sort of blank version of
the page.  If I add the trailing slash, everything is OK.

Try it.

Broken: <http://www.lugnet.com/cad>
Works:  <http://www.lugnet.com/cad/>

I wouldn't be so surprised to get a 404 (401? Whatever--page not found) with
the broken URL, but the semi-page is just strange.

What it's actually showing you there is a blank (not yet created) webpage
called /cad off the root.  (That's different from the /cad/ directory off
the root.)  If you type in /foo in place of /cad you'll see something
similar.

I'll explain more soon.  :)

--Todd