 Publishing / 1960
    Strange color issue w/ web cam —Adam Hoekwater
   Hi All, This evening I picked up one of those Web Cams at Best Buy, and when I finally got the thing working, I experienced a rather odd problem with some dark grey parts. It's tough to explain, so I'll just point you to an image and ask for any (...) (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Strange color issue w/ web cam —John J. Ladasky, Jr.
     (...) Hi, Adam, It looks like your white balance is way off. The entire image is tinted red, though it shows up most clearly with the dark gray parts (which appear marroon in color). Does this Web Cam have any adjustments that you can tweak? -- John (...) (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Strange color issue w/ web cam —Dave Johann
    The only problem I'm seeing is a slight discoloration (ie: the powder blue guns). I'm not certain if it is caused by inadequate lighting, but the blurriness can be fixed through the use of a tripod and a manual adjustment to the lens. Other than (...) (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Strange color issue w/ web cam —Adam Hoekwater
     (...) When you look at the actual model 'face-to-face', those powder blue guns are the same dark grey color as the engine pieces they are attached to. I don't understand how the camera chooses to change some dark grey parts to light blue and leave (...) (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.publish)

         Re: Strange color issue w/ web cam —Richard Franks
     (...) I got a cheap web-cam a month or so ago - the only advice that I have is get proper lighting, the amount of difference lighting makes is amazing. I think strong daylight would probably be too much (I don't know - there isn't too much of that (...) (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.publish)

        Re: Strange color issue w/ web cam —Frank Filz
   (...) I popped the image up into XV (an x-windows image editor) and looked at the colors. Almost all of the colors are reds and blues, which suggests the camera may have tried to white balance a picture which was taken under incandescent light (...) (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.publish)