 Publishing / 1884
Re: Software to merge video frames to obtain higher quality stills?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 16:58:38 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.publish, Richard Franks writes:

Thanks - I'll give it a try! I think what I'm after is something a bit
smarter - that expects to find random 'grain' and filters it out. Assuming
that if you have 10 frames (taken successively of a static scene with stable
lighting), each with a random 'grain' distribution - it is possible to work
out what is grain, by comparing surrounding area's and by comparing the same
locations on the other frames. I'll keep on searching, and post back if I find
anything.

well, averaging under those conditions will probably be the easiest and a very
good way of going at it.  If you're really trying to go overboard, it's not
that hard to write a matlab program to filter out single pixle noise, using a
simple 3x3 matrix...

ah, the good 'ol days of image processing class :)

Dan