 Publishing / 1864
Re: Software to merge video frames to obtain higher quality stills?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:25:50 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

"Richard Franks" <spontificus@yahoo.com> writes:

I got a cheap webcam (~$60), and it is okay, but a bit grainy. I
just want to take still pictures of LEGO, so I reckon that it
should be possible to take X frames a second and merge them into
one, eliminating the grain and getting a nice clear picture.

I'm not sure what you mean by "merge", but if you mean take the
average of a series of images, this can be done with Image Magick.
The command line tool "convert" can be used like this:

  % convert -average input1.png input2.png ... inputn.png outpu1.png

Fredrik