 Publishing / 1861
1860  |  1862
Subject:
Software to merge video frames to obtain higher quality stills?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 23:19:30 GMT

I got a cheap webcam (~$60), and it is okay, but a bit grainy. I just want to
take still pictures of LEGO, so I reckon that it should be possible to take X
frames a second and merge them into one, eliminating the grain and getting a
nice clear picture.

I've spent quite a bit of time searching, but I can't find any software that
will do this - it seems like such a fundamentally basic thing that people would
want to do! So I guess I'm using the wrong search parameters or something -
does anyone know of such a utility?

I've seen one or two articles suggesting that you can use something like
photoshop, and merge the layers.. but if you've got 10 frames, and you've got
about 100 shots that you want processed.. then it's not a fun task to do it
manually. The utility I have in mind would give me my nice processed image in a
second or two!

The alternative is to write my own driver, but I'm already writing my own image
splicer.. and that way I'd end up spending more time writing code than building
with LEGO!

Richard