 Publishing / 1864
  Re: Software to merge video frames to obtain higher quality stills?

(...) I'm not sure what you mean by "merge", but if you mean take the average of a series of images, this can be done with Image Magick. The command line tool "convert" can be used like this: % convert -average input1.png input2.png ... inputn.png (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Software to merge video frames to obtain higher quality stills?

(...) Thanks - I'll give it a try! I think what I'm after is something a bit smarter - that expects to find random 'grain' and filters it out. Assuming that if you have 10 frames (taken successively of a static scene with stable lighting), each with (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Software to merge video frames to obtain higher quality stills?

(...) well, averaging under those conditions will probably be the easiest and a very good way of going at it. If you're really trying to go overboard, it's not that hard to write a matlab program to filter out single pixle noise, using a simple 3x3 (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.publish)