 Publishing / 1807
1806  |  1808
Subject:
Haylp! Why does NN take ages to load these tables?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 20:59:16 GMT

Warning: Although these pages take about 20 seconds to load on my p166/linux,
they do 'freeze' it for that period - while it hasn't actually crashed anything
on my end, something squiffy is going on - so I disclaim any responsibility if
it does crash your machine.

With javascript
<http://lightning.prohosting.com/~spontif/temp/haylp/>

Without javascript
<http://lightning.prohosting.com/~spontif/temp/haylp/index2.html>

These are just simple recursed tables. I don't know if it is a Netscape bug, or
whether MSIE freezes too - has anyone come across this sort of thing before?
I'm a bit of an HTML newbie, so I could just be using incorrect tags, or
something really obvious.. or maybe there are known performance decreases when
tables are recursed?

In summary - Haylp! If some really kind guru wanted to,
<http://lightning.prohosting.com/~spontif/temp/haylp/haylp.tgz> has all the
files in one neat directory :)

Richard