 Publishing / 1441
  Cheap Webcams?

Just a quickie - plans to borrow a 'proper' digital camera have fallen through, so I was wondering if cheap web-cams (less than $100) have good enough quality for taking LEGO pictures? Some of the ones in my price-range are max resolution of (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Cheap Webcams?

Haylp! I have no experience with web-cams or digi-cameras, so buying a web-cam and finding that it's unsuitable is a bit of an expensive experiment! Any advice would be wonderful - am I wasting time considering 640x480? Do web-cams have any other (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Cheap Webcams?

(...) The pictures on my site (plug follows in .sig) were taken with a fairly old Sony Mavica (sorry, I don't have the model number to hand- I borrowed it from work) at 640x480. It takes a bit of skill to get them out OK (and you can see some of the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Cheap Webcams?

(...) Thanks for the link - your pictures turned out great - I think 640x480 could be fine for the sort of thing that I want to do (take pictures from inside a LEGO jungle of ~60 palm trees) :) Although manual focus seems to be a definate (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.publish)