 Promotional / 567
Re: Shell promo in South SF Bay Area
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.promo
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 22:04:23 GMT

Chris Leach wrote in message ...
In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Pakman Wong writes:
Tom and bay area AFOLs
I just talked to the shell rep who is in charge of the lego promotion in • the
U.S. The whole U.S. will get the smaller sets,but California is the test
ground for the bigger sets.If all goes well there they will roll it out to
the rest of the country.She also mentioned about 70% of the stations are
carrying the smaller sets and it's all on a voluntary basis as weather they
want to carry them.
I just found two stations have the big Ferrari set and the other two big • sets.

One is at Hamilton and I-17 (570E Hamilton) and the other one is at 2855
Winchester Blvd.
The second station did not open the box yet, I am not sure they really get
the big one, but the poster they got are different from other station • which
showing the big sets.

ALL the sets are available in Idaho. The stores seem to only get two of the
Model Team sets. There are several different chains here that sell Shell gas
and each one is handling the sets sale differently.

Rose