 Promotional / 105 (-20)
  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

On Fri, 29 Oct 1999 18:48:26 GMT, "Christopher Lannan" <shakguy@hotmail.com> wrote: e. (...) I admit it, I want pink parts, to go with my pink/white striped umbrella, my pink game boy colour and my other delusions of pink. Basically my three (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

I drove from Southern California to Northern today (about 450 miles), stopping at MOST of the McDonald's on the way. The first one we stopped at in SoCal, and the LAST one near my apt, were the only ones with the Lego out yet. Ticks me off, you'd (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: Milka promotion in Germany

Any chance of anyone out there getting a set of these for someone in the states? I'd be more than happy to trade some McD sets (complete) for these or even pay for them. LMK Lego is not a toy, it's a way of life. ScottR swrunyan@uswest.net Huw (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: McDonalds Info

(...) They are "medium" pink - not the light, not the really dark, but a "true" pink. At least on the one on display I saw this morning. (...) I bought 1 while buying 2 HMs, and the HMs were $1.99, the set was $1.83 - so at this point, I'll buy the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

(...) There are several pieces of interest (besides the fact that they are basically free as I have to eat something for lunch). I have not seen any comment on the yellow propeller in set #3, is this new? Set #5 with the purple slopes is nice in (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: McDonald's Happy Meals Sets -- modified parts

(...) Not really. The LEGO logo doesn't imply intellectual property rights on the whole brick (which would include the likeness of the McCopyrighted character). It could just be an odd occurrence -- the copyright notice in the mold was damaged, so (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: McDonald's Happy Meals Sets -- modified parts

(...) Nope. I've never seen smooth slopes before, printed or otherwise. I've got several examples of printed slopes right next to my computer, and they all have rough slope surfaces. These parts include 2x2, 3x2, 2x4, and a 4x4 triple-sloped wedge (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

(...) The same instruction/promo sheet has both the US and the CA coupons on it. Also interesting (at least to me) is that the back of the bag says 'Made in DENMARK', no mention of USA OR Switzerland. So much for high shipping costs across the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: McDonald's Happy Meals Sets -- modified parts

A common practice in plastic mold tooling is to use inserts for variable mold features such as part numbering. The LEGO text on the studs is probably hard tooled. The part number and copyright marks on the inside may well be removable (changeable) (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

(...) ??? I thought this was a US-only promo... Hmm, time to go scope out my local McD's. James (URL) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

Included is a $3.00 rebate on a $9.00 purchase. One rebate per address.Also a $5.00 CDN rebate coupon is included. Julie (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

(...) Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. They aren't Star Wars sets but at least they aren't juniorized and have some interesting parts. Their packaging bills them as "classic". I want the one with the purple slopes and will be getting more of (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

In lugnet.general, Eric Joslin writes: <snip> (...) I had a similar experience today. They only had the lame white trick or treat bucket. What kid is going to use that dinky little bucket to haul their treats in?Maybe a 2 or three year old. My 2 (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: McDonald's Happy Meals Sets -- modified parts

(...) Wouldn't they then also remove LEGO from the top of the studs? -- Scott Smallbeck scotts@contactics.com (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: McDonald's Happy Meals Sets -- modified parts

(...) Sounds like TLG has bought Tyco's molds... Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: McDonald's Happy Meals Sets -- modified parts

(...) I thought this was true of all printed sloped bricks? I had actually assumed that the printing process would be fould somehow by the rough surface. (...) brick (...) present (...) Is it possible the (C)LEGO has been removed because the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.promo)

  McDonald's Happy Meals Sets -- modified parts

This is interesting. The printed slopes (3x2 33º) in the McDonald's sets are slightly modified from the standard form. The most noticeable difference is that the sloped & printed surface is smooth, instead of matte. Looking inside the bricks, I (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

Warning: Negativity follows. (...) Hmm. Well, lest anyone think I was off my rocker when I said that getting these things could be hit or miss... I went to a McDonald's last night. I was there for one thing and one thing only- Lego sets. I cased the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

(...) i think so too. All I can think is that folks must want the crazy colors. Chris (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

(...) Why so much interest in these? They look like junk to me. (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact