 Pirates / 945
Re: A brutal accident at Knobhead
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 02:44:48 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Franklin W. Cain writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Markus Wolf writes:
  Bad news.  I let the church kids play with my legos during a graduation
party this weekend, and after they'd all gone home, I found that one of my
blue imperial guardsmen had his leg broken off, pin and all.  Twenty nine
years (on and off) of Lego play and I've never broken a minifig.  Kids
today... • on 1x2's to make it look right.  Any suggestions?

Markus

Just switch the broken White Legs/Hips piece
with some other White Legs/Hips piece.
(Or am I missing something subtle here?...)

Franklin

How mundane!  There has to be a proper storyline, some kind of commemoration • of
the event - just think of the story he can tell the church kids to make 'em
feel guilty.  :-)

Bruce

    The real happy part of this story is, that once upon a time he was just a
plain old blue imperial guardsman who, though very handsome, had no
personality at all.  In fact, he didn't even have a name.  Today, he is the
first soldier of Knobhead to be awarded the Congressional Lego of Honor. (a
yellow 1x1 round that *surprisingly* says LEGO on it's face)
    "I believe," said the (newly christened) Admiral Phineas Bluebottle, "that
we must all be willing to give our lives for the children...  I know I lost a
leg in battle, men.  But all is not wasted.  (He held up his broken leg
solemnly) I can still use this leg to beat the daylights out of the next kid
who doesn't know how to treat a decent toy."
    There was not a dry eye in the place.