 Pirates / 916
Re: Space Pirates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 14:51:45 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Richard Parsons writes:

http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/port/sau/welcome.htm

The only thing I would change would be the addition of masts.  I know they're
impractical, as they really would have no use as a motive element, but they
could be fun to hang more comm equipment, cargo, and prisoners from.  And who
knows?  If they hit atmosphere, maybe they could run up a sail or two and give
the thrust engines a rest, sailing about on the Boeing anti-gravs...

Recently on the cartoon network, I saw an old Superfriends episode where space
pirates came to earth to steal historical landmarks, or something like that.
Anyway, their (incredibly impractical and irrational) ships had masts
and "solar sails."  Thus justifying some nice metallic looking sails for ya.
Have a great day.

Markus Wolf

I always thought the Superfriends were cool and serious as a kid.  I didn't
realize until "adulthood" (and I use the term loosely) how ridiculous and far
fetched it really was, which increases the actual entertainment value.  I
can't stand all the mutant superhero shows of today.  It's all the same and
all so dark.

Markus