 Pirates / 896
Re: Uncertain Definition of a Ship Type...?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 21:12:49 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

Okay...now what do you call the "bonus mast" on a schooner with *four*
masts...?

Foremast, foreward mainmast, mainmast, and mizzen.  And I have no doubt that
there are exceptions to the rule.  When a mizzen becomes a jigger, I don't
know.

Or do the rules go out the window when money flies innuendo...no, wait, wrong
ending.  I mean, do rules go out the window when you no longer have "true"
ship-rigs?  What on Earth do you call the four bonus masts on the _Thomas W.
Lawson_?

incitingly,

Lindsay

Dunno what the Thomas W. Lawson is.