 Pirates / 879
    Toss me a line someone? —James Howse
   Ok, the story is I'm about to get my hands on a Sea Lion (Caribbean Clipper for those who are nomologically challanged). Eventually I'll find it's way into The Governor's pacific fleet but at the moment it's on the wrong side of Australia's only (...) (24 years ago, 6-May-00, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Toss me a line someone? —John Rudy
     (...) I was in the state of Pennsylvania lately and picked up a free comic book, some interstate thing. But, it had an interesting idea, a Portage Railway. Boats on TRAIN wheels. You might be able to do the same, with mods here and there. Just a (...) (24 years ago, 6-May-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.us.pa)

         Re: Toss me a line someone? —James Powell
      (...) Huntsville & Lake Of Bays Railway, Huntsville, Ontario was a portage railway. Carried smaller boats, but mustly carried the passengers and cargo. Currently undergoing restoration. Perhaps look for it on the web (don't have a addy) Other ones, (...) (24 years ago, 6-May-00, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Toss me a line someone? —Richard Parsons
     James Howse wrote all manner of stuff about a wonderful ship on the wrong side of Australia's longest mountain range, facing a distinct lack of sea. This story definitely warrants discussing in .pirates, and then cries out to have some pictures (...) (24 years ago, 6-May-00, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Toss me a line someone? —John Morgan
   interestingly, I have been working on two types of alternative travel modes for a couple of ships.... the first concerns placing a frame work under the ship with tires from the 5561, it has 4 wheel drive and steering for those tight spots you'll (...) (24 years ago, 6-May-00, to lugnet.pirates)