 Pirates / 883
Re: Toss me a line someone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 6 May 2000 12:52:50 GMT

interestingly, I have been working on two types of alternative travel modes for
a couple of ships.... the first concerns placing a frame work under the ship
with tires from the 5561, it has 4 wheel drive and steering for those tight
spots you'll likly find in the mountain crossing, I also added a large technic
v8 for power, but depending on your timeline you could refit it with a steam
engine. This ship is based on a Armarda flagship. The other one involves blimps
and a Red Beard Runner. This ship is still in developement stages. Hopefully
soon you will be able to see pictures at " Johhnie's Garage" home of Black Cat
Motors LTD.but thats another story altogether : )
  I really appreciate the pirates stories and maybe those ideas can  help
inspire your solution in moving the ship.
    Arrrr!!
    John

In lugnet.pirates, James Howse writes:
Ok, the story is I'm about to get my hands on a Sea Lion (Caribbean Clipper
for those who are nomologically challanged). Eventually I'll find it's way
into The Governor's pacific fleet but at the moment it's on the wrong side of
Australia's only major mountain range. The part of my brain writing this takes
no responsiblity for what other bits thought at 2am in the morning when
considering this.

A ship, fully assembled, on the wrong side of the mountains, in a very dry
country with very few and shallow rivers[1] how to get the ship about? Really
big wheels? slightly off centre to give the ship a genuine rolling action?
Tootling around the outback trying to find the sea (inland[2], the one girting
[3], doesn't matter), could be the source of many funny[4] stories!

Anyway the question is does this story, when finished belong in Pirates?
Adventurers? Boats? The bin? Another question is does anyone else think the
story has merit, I still need a crew member or two and perhaps the occasional
plot device, anyne care to Captain Cook?[5]

James, (who's afraid he's just booked passage for a padded cell)

[1]Australia, of course though Antartica despite the snow actually is drier
[2]Everyone knows there's a large inland see in the middle of Australia, (or
at least they thought they knew)
[3]see the Aust. anthem o/~ our land is girt by sea o/~
[4]It's amazing what you think is funny at 3am
[5]Aust. Rhyming slang, apparently we got it from the Irish?

P.S. Richard. The ship is seaworthy, the are some steps left before it's
finished but it is in good nick reportedly. You can pay at LegOz.3