 Pirates / 464
Re: Expensive Legos!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 01:25:05 GMT

Marcelo H. Sola wrote in message ...
In lugnet.pirates, Frank Filz writes:

Marcelo H. Sola wrote in message ...
I'm not sure if one can find many Legos outside of Buenos Aires here in
Argentina, at least old Legos like BSB. As these are expensive here, • sometimes
you can find stores with old stuff they have been unable to sell. Last • year
bought Skulls Eye Schooner and Royal Knight's Castle, but each cost well • above
$200 (1 Argentine $ = 1 US dollar).

How much did you get the SES for? That sounds like the one ship that the
price you had to pay is at all competitive with eBay. You need to
investigate the possibilities of buying on eBay, you can probably end up
spending less.

Frank

I paid around $ 230 for SES. But no S&H, and I got a brand new unopened set
immediately. S&H to Argentina can be very expensive for a big set like • that,
plus the risk of it getting lost. I'm not so sure it would be a good
alternative. On top of that some people told me prices paid for SES in eBay
are quite high.

It's possible to get an SES for less (though probably not MISB). I got one
which had no minifigs and was missing a few minor bits in the AucZILLA 500
sets auction for $170 (which I consider a bargain, I pay about $2 per pirate
minifig, a little more for the guy in the brown vest [who is only in 6286
and 6277, but I've got an extra one of those], and the same for the babe
[who is in more sets, got plenty of babes], I wouldn't pay more that $30 for
all 9 minifigs).

I've never quite understood the price differential between 6285 and 6286,
6285 is a much nicer set, but there must be a lot more of them out there. I
guess part of it is that a lot of people probably end up like me, 6286 is
the last ship they need to collect all the pirate ships, and that ends up
pushing the price way up.

The other ships you probably could do better on eBay, though you certainly
have a higher risk of not getting your set than those of us in the US and
Europe.

Frank