 Pirates / 4585 (-20)
  A few more ships

Barely touched the hobby this year, but last year's friends insisted I run ESPG again. Of course I couldn't do it without building something... Teaser... (URL) After Moderation... SS Korena (URL) SS Minuet (URL) SS Pioneer (URL) SS Robin (URL) SS (...) (16 years ago, 18-Nov-08, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: New 2009 sets at Toys-R-Us!

(...) The Creator sets in question are showing up on the TRU website but not yet on LEGO's site. Here are the links: Creator Propeller Power (URL) Creator Street Speeder (URL) -Jordan Schwarz (16 years ago, 17-Nov-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Pirates of the Bermuda Triangle

The anticipation of the new Pirate sets on the horizon got me inspired to pull out some old pirate ships along with a keg o' rum and have a lil' MOC fun, matey. Aaargh! Pirate ships are my favorite LEGO sets of all time. I ran some rigging to make (...) (16 years ago, 16-Nov-08, to lugnet.pirates) !

  Re: New 2009 sets at Toys-R-Us!

(...) I stopped at TRU in Cool Springs (Nashville), TN area and found the following Pirates sets and prices: 6239 Cannon Battle $5.99 6240 Kracken Attackin' $9.99 6241 Loot Island $19.99 6253 Shipwreck Hideout $39.99 Note that 6253 appears to be a (...) (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  New 2009 sets at Toys-R-Us!

I dropped by a Toys-R-Us this morning in VA and saw several new Pirates sets and two new Creator sets that up to now I have only seen in leaked catalog scans on Brickshelf. I don't remember the exact names/numbers for the Pirates, but they had the (...) (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  TexLUG at Maker Faire Austin 2008

TexLUG was invited to participate at Maker Faire 2008 in Austin, Texas this past weekend. We're not the first LUG to display at Maker Faire, but this was our first time, and we walked away with not one but two "Editor's Choice" awards for our (...) (16 years ago, 23-Oct-08, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus, FTX)

  skull's eye schooner

hello, i'm sorry if i'm posting this message not in the right place. my name is nicolas d'angelo, i am a lego fan, an artist and architect from buenos aires, argentina. although i'm now back here, i lived in boston, usa, for almost eight years until (...) (16 years ago, 23-Sep-08, to lugnet.pirates)

  skull's eye schooner

hello, i'm sorry if i'm posting this message not in the right place. my name is nicolas d'angelo, i am a lego fan, an artist and architect from buenos aires, argentina. although i'm now back here, i lived in boston, usa, for almost eight years until (...) (16 years ago, 23-Sep-08, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: "Change of Guard" for .Pirates?

(...) Oh, and the correct nautical turn of phrase would be 'Change of watch'... ;) Cheers Richie Dulin CO Legeaux (16 years ago, 25-May-08, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: "Change of Guard" for .Pirates?

(...) ooops.... my bad!!! they weren't always the same... Ben M. (16 years ago, 25-May-08, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: "Change of Guard" for .Pirates?

(...) "or"?!? They are one and the same. :) Tedbeard (16 years ago, 25-May-08, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: "Change of Guard" for .Pirates?

(...) I probably have to agree Richie. I think most of the pirate action has gone to Eurobricks pirate section or to classic-pirates.com. Just my 2cents. BM (16 years ago, 25-May-08, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: "Change of Guard" for .Pirates?

(...) Abandoned what ship, exactly, Nelson? Even with my best spyglass, I was developing eye-strain in my non-patched eye from futilely looking for anything new on the pirate horizon. Curate away, I reckon; but I suspect pirate fans have long since (...) (16 years ago, 25-May-08, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  "Change of Guard" for .Pirates?

Curators of LUGNET.pirates: Have you abandoned ship? I see that the ".Pirates Spyglass has ceased scanning the horizon", and there have been no posts in 5 months, nor other updates. I am up for serving as the new curator for this newsgroup, to give (...) (16 years ago, 25-May-08, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Sea port

(...) Brian, Wow, that's great, I wish I could have seen that in person. You did some amazing work with those curved city walls. Thanks, George (17 years ago, 7-Jan-08, to lugnet.pirates)

  Sea port

I had posted some early pics of a sea port out on Mocpages.com and now have the final pics setup. (URL) Have a look. The layout ended up around 7' x 9'. The show was at a local church where John and Ross also had a train display. Quite a few people (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jan-08, to lugnet.pirates) !

  FS: Pirates and Islanders

MISB Sets (URL) Open, used sets (URL) For details , (URL) click on this> AC (17 years ago, 15-Nov-07, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Pirate MOCs

I like the raked masts and I think the carronades on Dominance look pretty good. Nice use of longship hulls in an age of sail MOC. (17 years ago, 13-Nov-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Pirate MOCs

Rule is I have to go online often enough that I don't forget my Lugnet password. :) At least this time I have something real to share... Eight ships I've been working on since spring (with the motivation that a friend wants to run Evil Stevie's at a (...) (17 years ago, 13-Nov-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Inspirational artifacts in UK

Ahoy all Pirate fans in the UK! Check out (URL) this auction of props> and other items from the Hornblower series including giant ship models! Something to use for a 1:1 recreation in LEGO or just to get you in the mood by decorating your house. (...) (17 years ago, 21-Sep-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact