 Pirates / 4575 (-20)
  Re: "Change of Guard" for .Pirates?

(...) "or"?!? They are one and the same. :) Tedbeard (16 years ago, 25-May-08, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: "Change of Guard" for .Pirates?

(...) I probably have to agree Richie. I think most of the pirate action has gone to Eurobricks pirate section or to classic-pirates.com. Just my 2cents. BM (16 years ago, 25-May-08, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: "Change of Guard" for .Pirates?

(...) Abandoned what ship, exactly, Nelson? Even with my best spyglass, I was developing eye-strain in my non-patched eye from futilely looking for anything new on the pirate horizon. Curate away, I reckon; but I suspect pirate fans have long since (...) (16 years ago, 25-May-08, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  "Change of Guard" for .Pirates?

Curators of LUGNET.pirates: Have you abandoned ship? I see that the ".Pirates Spyglass has ceased scanning the horizon", and there have been no posts in 5 months, nor other updates. I am up for serving as the new curator for this newsgroup, to give (...) (16 years ago, 25-May-08, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Sea port

(...) Brian, Wow, that's great, I wish I could have seen that in person. You did some amazing work with those curved city walls. Thanks, George (17 years ago, 7-Jan-08, to lugnet.pirates)

  Sea port

I had posted some early pics of a sea port out on Mocpages.com and now have the final pics setup. (URL) Have a look. The layout ended up around 7' x 9'. The show was at a local church where John and Ross also had a train display. Quite a few people (...) (17 years ago, 5-Jan-08, to lugnet.pirates) !

  FS: Pirates and Islanders

MISB Sets (URL) Open, used sets (URL) For details , (URL) click on this> AC (17 years ago, 15-Nov-07, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Pirate MOCs

I like the raked masts and I think the carronades on Dominance look pretty good. Nice use of longship hulls in an age of sail MOC. (17 years ago, 13-Nov-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Pirate MOCs

Rule is I have to go online often enough that I don't forget my Lugnet password. :) At least this time I have something real to share... Eight ships I've been working on since spring (with the motivation that a friend wants to run Evil Stevie's at a (...) (17 years ago, 13-Nov-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Inspirational artifacts in UK

Ahoy all Pirate fans in the UK! Check out (URL) this auction of props> and other items from the Hornblower series including giant ship models! Something to use for a 1:1 recreation in LEGO or just to get you in the mood by decorating your house. (...) (17 years ago, 21-Sep-07, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  The Crystal Skull

After taking a break from BrickFest PDX and working on completing Mecha Godzilla, I got a chance to head to LLCA. On my "parts and set run" I picked up a few lbs of 1x2 clear plate!! I was able to finish a MOC I had started years ago when they first (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jul-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.pirates) !!

  Theme for NWBrickCon 2007 and Sail-In

Ahoy mateys! The convention theme for NWBrickCon 2007 this year is . . . Pirates! We'll be having a special emphasis on the brick's buccaneers and encourage everone to bring Pirate-related models. As part of this, and inspired by the Space Fly-In at (...) (17 years ago, 13-Jul-07, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce) !!

  Announcing Brickvention 2008!

Well folks, it’s finally here! The second all-Australian public LEGO fan expo, Brickvention 2008! To be held in Melbourne, Australia, on January 26-27 2008, Brickvention is still in the planning stages, but we are currently working on: Presentations (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jun-07, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX) !

  The steampunk skiff 'Egregious'

Loosely inspired by some gorgeous SW Sail Barge MOCs on Brickshelf, NELUG's latest [1] Brikwars game featured a steampunk skiff battle set above the desolate Kar'Zuba desert. Every skiff represented a Trading Guild, and upon arrival at the outskirts (...) (17 years ago, 25-Jun-07, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.adventurers, FTX) !!

  BrickWorld Ninjas Vs. Pirates Vignette Contest

The never ending conflict of (URL) and (URL) Pirates> knows no bounds! It has even broken through into the list of <https://registratio...kworld.us/ BrickWorld> contests. It's my pleasure to announce the BRICKWORLD NINJAS Vs PIRATES VIGNETTE CONTEST (...) (17 years ago, 25-May-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.vignette, FTX) !

  Re: Armed Sidewheeler - Guerre de Roue

(...) Oh yeah- Atomic Pirates! (17 years ago, 14-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Armed Sidewheeler - Guerre de Roue

(...) As soon as I looked at this creation I thought of the Disney 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Maybe the colour scheme, I don't know but I expect the paddlewheels to be powered by a small nuclear reactor. (17 years ago, 14-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Armed Sidewheeler - Guerre de Roue

Very nice! One of my faviourite ships for ages... I like the menacing narrow silhouette and even the red colour scheme works surprisingly well. Great work and God Bless, Nathan (URL) (17 years ago, 14-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Armed Sidewheeler - Guerre de Roue

(...) SteamPirates. PiratePunk. (17 years ago, 14-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Armed Sidewheeler - Guerre de Roue

(...) This is a very elegant looking dual-powered vessel. Is the thin smokestack accurate to the era? I find the bley an excellent choice for the metal. I hope your recent spate of posting is a promise of more of your excellent sea-going vessels. (...) (17 years ago, 14-May-07, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact