 Pirates / 451
  Re: Expensive Legos!!

(...) I'm not sure if one can find many Legos outside of Buenos Aires here in Argentina, at least old Legos like BSB. As these are expensive here, sometimes you can find stores with old stuff they have been unable to sell. Last year I bought Skulls (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Expensive Legos!!

(...) $99 in some stores and $190 in others! Hey, I'm Argentine! Pisses me off that at those prices there is little chance of the average child owning any of these terrific lego sets. And how do you explain the price variations, Marcelo? Que (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Expensive Legos!!

(...) Seems the different stores have totally different policies regarding Legos. Sets begin at more or less similar prices in all stores, but as they become older, some lower certain prices in order to get rid of the sets. But for some reason or (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Expensive Legos!!

(...) Vivo en Los Estados Unidos. Bay Area, California to be exact. -- Richard (24 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Expensive Legos!!

Marcelo H. Sola wrote in message ... (...) sometimes (...) I (...) above (...) How much did you get the SES for? That sounds like the one ship that the price you had to pay is at all competitive with eBay. You need to investigate the possibilities (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Expensive Legos!!

(...) I paid around $ 230 for SES. But no S&H, and I got a brand new unopened set immediately. S&H to Argentina can be very expensive for a big set like that, plus the risk of it getting lost. I'm not so sure it would be a good alternative. On top (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Expensive Legos!!

Marcelo H. Sola wrote in message ... (...) year (...) that, (...) It's possible to get an SES for less (though probably not MISB). I got one which had no minifigs and was missing a few minor bits in the AucZILLA 500 sets auction for $170 (which I (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)