 Pirates / 4252
Re: modern non-minifig Pirate sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 06:24:10 GMT

The new Juniorized pirates are a HUGE disappointment as they are intended for 4
year olds. They just don't compare to the superior 1989-1995ish traditional
minifig pirate sets. They have zero appeal to me, but I think perhaps there may
be a few piratey parts in them that someone might want.

Hopefully LEGO will come to their senses and release some REAL minifig pirate
sets in the near future.

They did re-release the Black Seas Barracuda as a LEGO Legend, but they sold out
of them in late 2003. If you don't have a Black Seas Barracuda, I would start
there. That is one of the best LEGO sets ever and worth every penny.