 Pirates / 4251
4250  |  4252
Subject:
modern non-minifig Pirate sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:08:14 GMT

OK, newbie here, please excuse my newbie questions...

I've recently come to realize how cool the classic LEGO pirate sets are.  But
lately, all I see in the catalog are things like set 7075
<http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/7075-1>, with overgrown figures with bumpy
faces.  My questions are about these:

1. What up wit dat?  Am I the only one that thinks these new figures are lame?
They're not Duplo, but they're sure not minifigs either; they're not compatible
with anything.  Almost might as well be Megablok figures.

2. If I throw out the figures, are these modern pirate sets good for anything?
How do the ships themselves compare to ye olde ship sets?

Would you have any advice for an AFOL who's just getting into pirates today?

Thanks,
- Joe