 Pirates / 40 (-20)
  Re: Mast options

On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Steve Bliss (<37fe1cee.86097904@...gnet.com>) wrote at 16:36:47 (...) You can lash them together in various ways, just like the real thing. I've only got the idea in my head at the moment, but you should be able to use multiple (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Personal Pirates Trivia

(...) I'm pretty pathetic with a mere three extension RBR. I'll have another extension coming whenever my swag arrives from Auczilla 10. If you want to see one with (counting on fingers) 6 extensions, check Stephen Gabriel's page: (URL) the ship in (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Finding Sets in Stores!

(...) Locally (Norwich UK) I've found 2 6289s, at least 5 6280s and a 6279 recently all at list price. John (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Mast options

(...) Hmmm, there's a mast base, a thick lower section with a built-in base, a medium section, a skinny top section, and a "technic" section (the Armada Flagship uses this). I haven't really experimented with trying to get a precise size. I tend to (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Mast options

I think I already know the answer to these questions, but I'm hoping I'm wrong: It seems like the pirate-ship masts go together only one way: base-mast, octagonal "crow's nest" platform, then the upper-mast. Is there any other useful way to put (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Personal Pirates Trivia

Quick question: what is the longest ship you've built using the Pirates hull pieces? I've only got just a bit of Pirates stuff, I'm working on lengthening my RBR with two extra hull sections (for a total of 4 mid-sections, plus the bow and stern). (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: 6289 : RBR

(...) If you are reasonably patient, around $80-$90. If you are impatient, the price can rise to $100-$120 or more. Some fools....ummmmm, avid collectors are paying $160 for European versions with shooting cannons. They were still on sale last year (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: 6289 : RBR

(...) That's a tough one. It has recently been relatively available, but retail stocks are probably depleted (DYA doesn't have them any more for example), so I would expect the price to start rising. Good candidate for an auction if you are selling. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.pirates)

  6289 : RBR

What is a good price for a MIB version of this set? (URL) A (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Finding Sets in Stores!

(...) I think you got lucky. I found a few Kahukas at a Kay-Bee in February, and an Imperial Outpost (!!!) missing the rowboat at a Service Merchandise in January for $12. I did find a Skull Island at another Service Merchandise, but it was missing (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Arrr, first message

(...) I envy you horribly. I'm lucky enough to have four bluecoats and twelve redcoats...sigh. On the other hand, I use them to staff WWI-era warships' marine detachments, so they become largely insignificant for combat anyhow. But hoo-whee, if you (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Port Block upgraded

Now I know some of you already know my site, but if this is where Pirate lurkers are to be found, this is where I should hit it up no? (URL) Port Block pages have been renovated over the last two weeks, in keeping with the new format Minifig World (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: pirate/Imperial Guard Sails

(...) I can vouch for Ed's sails! I have a set of black ones he made for me. They are excellent! Real quality workmanship! (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Finding Sets in Stores!

(...) out (...) Now, if only I can find the off-ramp to Germany somewhere along the Foothill Freeway.... :-) Bruce Schlickbernd (or find those Schlickbernds in Germany...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Sails

Ed Jones wrote in message ... (...) Mr Jones, They surely are fine looking sails. As I wrote earlier, my main concern is the fraying thing, but you seem to have that under control. I have also had great difficulty organising the holes, and you seem (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Finding Sets in Stores!

(...) stores. (...) It seems to be a bit easier to find sets in Germany recently. I checked some stores and found the following mostly in some small stores: 6236 King Kahuka 6244 Armada Sentry 6246 Crocodile Cage 6248 Volcano Island 6252 Sea Mates (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  pirate/Imperial Guard Sails

If you can't make them--I can. Just a few images I posted for my auctions on ebay. (URL) standard replicas. Available--Gaff, Lateen, Sloop, Barque, Galleon, you-name it. Provide the dimensions and cloth preference. Logos in print or Iron-on. For (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Finding Sets in Stores!

(...) stores. (...) Considering the number of WalMarts, K-Marts, Targets, TRU I can hit between work and home (25 or so), everything disappeared a long time ago. The last I saw was a KayBee that flushed out its back room at the start of this year (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Finding Sets in Stores!

Has anyone found or seen any Pirate sets in stores lately? I had given up finding anything anymore, but last week I found 7 sets in two different stores. A Walmart had 4 Armada flagships and a TRU had 3 King Kahuna thrones. I find this remarkable (...) (25 years ago, 26-Sep-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Sails

Thank you gentlemen - I will advise :-) Richard Still baldly going... Speak to the Governor at (URL) pi++ is,ia-]++ AD++ NI+ TO---- S+ LS- A+ LM- YB66m :-) (25 years ago, 26-Sep-99, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact