 Pirates / 3984
Re: HMS Kestrel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 16:44:50 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin wrote:

   This is an amazing vessel. Between this and Ben’s USS Constitution, I have to ask - is the era of pirate hulls over?

Thank-you, Richie, for the nice comments! As for the era of pirate hulls being over, no, I don’t think so. I use bricks for ships larger than the pirate hulls, but still use pirate hulls for the smaller ships - bricks don’t look so good on small ships - they usually become too “blocky”. Both techniques are good, just for different sizes and types of ships.

And nice rigging too... inspirational stuff.

Thanks again! (Considering it took me longer to rig the ship than to build it) :)

A pleasure to spyglass this (I might redo, the spyglass pic didn’t turn out too well).

I appreciate the spyglass, Richie, as well as your feedback!

Aaron