 Pirates / 3853
Re: Introducing Myself, and My Ships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 3 May 2004 04:00:16 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Wesley Davis wrote:
   Did you notice it’s a home-made cloth sail?

I did, yes!

   I made a few experimental ones before I deployed. I want to get back into it and make a whole bunch of sails, both of the standard and new patterns.

I’m a fan of home made sails. I’ve made myself a set of sail templates (out of Lego boxes, naturally) of all the standard Lego sizes, and then gone on to extrapolate some larger and smaller sails to suit. Check out the five sails on the fore and main masts of the Misérable. With templates, its just a matter of tracing, cutting and punching the holes.

   I used the 6 studs on the side of the masts to place 3 1x2 modified plates with hook (a had a bunch after converting my spars to studs-up), to create a ladder for the mast guy to hanging onto.

More rigging is always good!

   This must be the golden age of .pirates!

   My modest pirate town.

Modest maybe... but that’s a great, bustling settlement.

Thanks. My castle and ninja figs work together as town security and government. The dragons and blue samurai own the yellow castle, and the other knights have the white one on the left. The red building is the hotel, where the ninja sisters (3) and Imperials sleep.

As a side note, I just bought 700 new pirates, so the town is going to be REALLY crowded soon. Once my ships are all completed, I will attempt to run the ESPG with some local friends of mine. Arrrr!!

Wow! Port Brique’s got a couple of hundred residents, plus visiting crews.... but you’ll be around or over a thousand... amazing.

Adieu

Richie Dulin