 Pirates / 3854
Re: Introducing Myself, and My Ships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 3 May 2004 10:47:25 GMT

I'm a fan of home made sails. I've made myself a set of sail templates (out
of
Lego boxes, naturally) of all the standard Lego sizes, and then gone on to
extrapolate some larger and smaller sails to suit. Check out the five sails
on
the fore and main masts of the
<http://www.lugnet.com/loc/au/~1285/rd/miserable
Misérable>. With templates, its just a matter of tracing, cutting and
punching
the holes.

My god! I hadn't seen the Miserable yet! She's a beautiful, gorgeous ship;
she's much better looking than some of the other giant hulking beasts that
have been built.

Wow! Port Brique's got a couple of hundred residents, plus visiting
crews....
but you'll be around or over a thousand... amazing.

Yes. I, uh, am not quite sure what to do with them all, but I'm certain
manning the ships will no longer be a problem! It seemed like the sort of
deal that doesn't come along too often, so I went for it while I could. With
pirates out of production, finding that many new ones (or just that many in
one place) will be extremely rare. I figure I ought to stock up while I can.

Of course, I bought two 6285 sets just before the 10040 came out. Of course,
I totally missed the 10040 BSB due to deployment. I know of a guy who bought
at least 50 of them (now I buy the pieces from those 50 on bricklink, lol.
Blarg. )

I needed some blue-striped sails today, so I color copied the ones I had.
They turned out great. My little brother couldn't tell the difference until
I pointed it out! It's a great fix until I acquire or make fabric ones.