 Pirates / 3453
    New ship - La Empresa —Michael Dallaston
   Hello all. Long time, no post... This is my first ship in a while. It's supposed to be a Spanish Caravel, and since there's nary a right angle on the things, I've used a few unorthodox methods to try and create some curviness. See watcha think: (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: New ship - La Empresa —Tom Reed
     (...) Michael, Nice work in capturing the curviness of those early ships! I'd like to see some more closeups on how you accomplished that. I think the ship looks great. I can't comment on the historical accuracy, but it works for me! Nice job (or (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates)

         Re: New ship - La Empresa —Michael Dallaston
     (...) Thanks Tom! I'm sorry about the poor photo quality, old digital camera you know... the bow and stern sections are simply joint to the centre section with hinge plates, and supported with bricks underneath. The rest is vertical and horizontal (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: New ship - La Empresa —Richie Dulin
     (...) Very cool! Those curves are very nice. I'm awfully impressed by the sloping sides on the sterncastle, and the stays are brilliant. Cheers Richie Dulin (2 URLs) Port Brique Somewhere in the South Pacifique (2 URLs) Misérable Building a safer (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

         Re: New ship - La Empresa —Michael Dallaston
     (...) Thanks Richie. The stays also function as 'I can't believe they're not ratlines', since I didn't much like the look of the official Lego ones (and they're much harder to put at funny angles too). Using lots of hinges makes a construction (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

        Re: New ship - La Empresa —Jason Spears
   (...) I don't know much about historical accuracy, but this is really neat. The way you achieved the curve is impressive. Well done. Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)