 Pirates / 3318
Re: Fusilers, Fog, and Mysterious Newcomers – and a Lovely Newfoundland Morning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 07:24:18 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Kenneth Tam writes:
Good day, all.

With new French threats apparantly on the prowl in the Pacific (this means
Misérable, Mr. Dulin), Captain Carstairs of the Brickley's Cove squadron
(such as it is) decided it an opportune time to strike at a privateer base
at St. Pierre et Miquélon, just off the Newfoundland coast. Thus, on a
lovely summer morning, he turned out every red-coated infantryman billeted
in the cove – just about 60 men, not including irregulars – and took them
aboard two cutters for the raid:
<snip>

That's an impressive force! I do like the torso designs.

They are, of course, the Free-Slave Irregulars:

Perhaps they know Jamaica Bob of Port Brique (front row, second from right)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/PortBrique/weareone13.jpg ?

More pictures to come as I can get a camera again – these have been on the
desktop for quite a while, but circumstance is filling my time with annoying
distractions (mainly exams).

In any case, Britain remains strong in the North Atlantic! Well, relatively.
As long as nothing with 28 guns makes a sojourn!

Well, if one was planning a long voyage, the Misérable would be the vessel
for the trip.

Actually, with the abundance of white BURPS at the moment, I'm considering a
major expedition *southwards*....

Cheers

Richie Dulin